It's time to laugh...(I hope)

One of the things I love most about my husband is his ability to make me laugh.  I mentioned yesterday that laughing is healing to me... and boy, is that true!  There are times when I find his goofy-ness gets in the way.  (Side-note... we don't have children, so for that reason, our dog, Tootsie, tends to be the center of many of our discussions.)   I'll be having a conversation with him about how I've noticed that Toots seems to be losing a little hair on her sides and, he'll be acting like he's listening, and then will calmly bend down to our dog.  In that moment, I assume he's about to look at her hair loss, and he'll look deep into her eyes and say, "You have to go poo-poo?"  Seriously? 

So... a blog I love to follow is http://www.dooce.com/.  I find her humor completely inappropriate, and thus, right up my alley.  Awhile back, she posted a video and when I searched for it on youtube, I found this version from Ellen's show.  Everytime I watch it, I laugh out loud. 



I, of course, HAD to share this with Jeff so we could laugh together... which we did.  Now, back to Tootsie.  So... our dog has a pee-pee problem.  Well, sort of.  For some reason, when we get her a new bed, she has to "break it in" by urinating on it... multiple times.  We'll take it, wash it, give it back to her, put her to bed, and she'll pee-pee again, and we'll take it, wash it, give it back to her, put her to bed, and she'll pee-pee again... you get the picture.  She does not have a potty problem... this is just her way of letting us know that the bed is HERS, we think.  Anyway, we found this video completely appropriate for our situation, so we've started a new tradition.  Before bed, Jeff & I sing this song (in as close of a voice as possible to the one heard in the original) to Tootsie, in an effort to build her confidence up.  She didn't seem partial to this version, so instead, we've began taking artistic liberty.  The last few nights, we've been singing to the tune of "Oh Happy Day" - that's right, the version from Sister Act II.  We usually begin with the bridge and it goes something like this...
"They taught me how... to pee-pee... outside... and not in my bed.  No happy pee-pee.  No happy pee-pee.   When mama washed, when daddy washed, they washed my pee-pee away.  No happy pee-pee."

 
That's right folks... if we ever decide to have children, we are already armed with our very own potty song.  Booyah.

 Because no blog post is complete without a photo (even if it is from my iPhone)... here is the face I get in the morning, when I wake her up to have a conversation about the pee-pee.


0 comments:

Post a Comment