Baseball and Babies, what could be better?

Baseball.  It's a summer tradition in Minnesota.  The fields fill with boys hoping to make it to the "big time" someday.  The stands fill with parents who know their tushes will be sore by the end of the season, but don't care because the smile on their son's face is more than worth it.  Many years ago... the boy on the field was my husband, and the parents in the stand were my in-laws (well... my father-in-law was actually in the dugout coaching, but you get my point).  Now... the boys on the field are in their 30's, but ironically, they're still on the field!  When we moved back to Minnesota, Jeff decided he wanted to find a local baseball team to play for.  Not a softball league, not a beer league, a REAL league.  One that practices and actually competes.  Enter the Maple Plain Diamond DevilsNever, in a million years, did I think that I would be the dutiful wife watching from the stands... especially baseball.  Enter the Baseball Wives (and a couple girlfriends).  These ladies have become one of my favorite parts of summer.  I honestly enjoy every second of the game... because of them... even though I still tell Jeff it's because I love watching him play.  ;)  They welcomed me into their group, invited me into their lives, and I couldn't be more thankful.

This is a very special session.  William was born after last year's baseball season, so we're extremely excited to have him in the stands this year.  He is one of the most cuddly, delicious little guys I've ever met.  Pat & Krista... honestly... you two are so very special to me and I am so thankful you chose me to capture William at this age.  I couldn't love the three of you more. 

















0 comments:

Post a Comment